[c-nsp] 7600s, DSCP, ASICs, Bollocks

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:30:48 EDT 2015

On 13 October 2015 at 13:18, Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I believe they mixed up fabric ASIC with
> port ASIC in your second link.
>
> Here some more documentation:
> [1], page 30, indicates 4x 10GE port asics
> [2], indicates that the 6704 has 4 port "groups", meaning each port
>  would be independent on this card (matches with the explanation in
>  your first link)

I did ask TAC to confirm in my last request to them about my ASIC
queries, before posting to this list, and if they can replicate this
issue in their lab.

They have come back with an update which is to apply a policy-map
again but add in "set mpls exp 0".

They haven't answered my questions on the ASICs in this card or said
if they have been able to reproduce the problem. So I've told them to
go away and tell me why I would want to try that config, why they
haven't replicated the issue etc.

I will send them all four links to the cisco.com documention (the two
I used, and the two you provied) and ask them to tidy that up too.

Thanks,
James.