[c-nsp] VLAN mystery

Haroldo Jardim hfjardim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:19:31 EDT 2015

On your first link chances are DTP negotiated dot1q because 'sw trunk encap
dot1q' is configured on SwitchB fa0/10. Plus traffic over vlan 808 is
working right? On your second link, however, neither fa0/2 SwitchA or
fa0/17 SwitchB has the ecanp specified so chances are ISL has been
negotiated if supported--sh int trunk should tell us more. Also I'd check
what spanning tree is up to--sh span vlan 888 on both ends.

As for the interfaces facing your routers; gi0/1 SwitchA and fa0/1 SwitchB

sw trunk encap dot1q
sw mode trunk
sw trunk allowed vlan 808,888
sw nonego

You might want to update your trunk link descriptions as well, because
'UNUSED' won't help you much at 3AM when you do a sh int desc.