[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus as MetroE switch?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Oct 16 09:25:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 09:15:52AM -0400, Tim Durack wrote:
> Be very cautious when evaluating platforms for (I)SP functions. Make sure
> the BU understands and will support what you intend to do.

I'm still wondering where the BU is that understands what an exchange
point is...

Even ASR9k BU (whatever it is called officially) seems to totally not
understand why you'd want netflow-accounting with source mac addresses
in there...  or some of the reactions to TAC cases ("what, you have a
layer 2 network with 600 other routers in there, and our IPv6 ND code
is starting to misbehave?")...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de