[c-nsp] Spanning Tree works great - except when it doesn't

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:08:05 EDT 2015

On 10/16/15, Ian Henderson <ianh at ianh.net.au> wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2015, at 11:23 AM, Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a program that will check all of the trunk ports
>> on switches for vlans allowed + vlans allowed and active on both sides
>> of a trunk port?
>
> Netdisco.

I can't tell from the docs if netdisco will catch the situation where
switch1 is connected to switch2 & they have a mismatched vlans allowed
list.  In other words, can netdisco flag this misconfiguration:

-- switch1
int g0/0
 desc link_to_switch2.g0/0
 switchport trunk allowed vlans 1-9

-- switch2
int g0/0
 desc link_to_switch1.g0/0
 switchport trunk allowed vlans 1

And can Netdisco flag the situation where
>>> I do not have VLAN 999 in my VLAN database.

(earlier context stripped; basically the problem was something like
both switch ports had "switchport trunk allowed vlans 1-9" but one
switch didn't have vlan 9 defined)

Thanks,
Lee