[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus as MetroE switch?

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 19 02:29:46 EDT 2015

Hi Nathan - Can you please elaborate on the 920/MPLS issues under load(What load did you see the issue? CPU, PPS, Throughput?), and what IOS you were running?

We've purchased a bunch of these (None deployed as yet), and they will be used for MPLS/VRF/VPLS/PW duties.....i.e. our "new"  ME3600

>Yeah, the ASR920 seemed like a good box, and we’ve got a couple doing some really simple stuff, but found the MPLS stuff broke under load. Unfortunately we didn’t get much time for TAC to look in to the faults as stopping >forwarding traffic at peak time for many thousands of customers is a pretty impacting fault, and it was only fixable by a reload.

Cheers.

--
Nathan Ward