[c-nsp] Limiting bandwidth from specific source

Pierre Emeriaud petrus.lt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 07:22:48 EDT 2015

> We are running into capacity issues on some internet pipes and this is
> affecting "business" traffic.

> And going more broadly, how are others handling such issues generally?

I used to tell my customers that there is no QoS on the internet, and
if business traffic was that important, mpls vpn (+QoS) was the way to
go. Easy to say when you also provide such services :)

(some of my customers at $job-1 were moving from our mpls vpn to
internet pipes + ipsec vpn and then complaining about poor performance
on critical business applications. They had been warned...)