[c-nsp] 6VPE on 7600 RSP720 3CXL

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Oct 20 15:20:43 EDT 2015

> On 20 Oct 2015, at 10:55, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I will probably aim for 60k IPv6 routes, so it's enough to phase out
> the boxes and that's it. Be careful that these boxes will start to CPU
> switch packets before you run out of TACM. When you see these logs
> you're in trouble;

Well, not exactly.

Last I remember, it was changed in 12.2(33)SXH - when the PFC hits
exception on TCAM, it’ll switch “exception” packets (packets to
destination that’s outside of known TCAM programmed entries) with
a mls hardware-limiter set to 10kpps.

In other words - you’re safe, the box won’t melt, but the situation
will require fixing & reload.

Łukasz Bromirski, lukasz at bromirski.net
CCIE R&S/SP #15929, CCDE #2012::17