[c-nsp] Limiting bandwidth from specific source

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Wed Oct 21 08:26:55 EDT 2015

Looking back through release notes for the NBAR packs, looks like the
oldest release they had release notes for was 3.0, and it's in there.
You can see which protocol pack you're using by doing show ip nbar
protocol-pack active.  The latest is 14.0 which was released April 2015,
and if you're running a compatible code version, I'd go as recent as
possible, as they've added a LOT of new inspection protocols in the last
3-4 versions.

They do "bundle" the newer protocol packs into newer IOS versions, so if
you're on a recent 15.4S or 15.5S based release you may already have a
fairly recent pack included.  The one thing to watch out for if you
can't upgrade to newer code is the engine version.  13.0 and 14.0 are
only supported by engine version 20 or 21.

Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley
brez at brezworks.com