[c-nsp] etherchannel load balancing

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Thu Oct 22 18:30:23 EDT 2015

I don't know if cisco ever provided their official hashing algorithms
anywhere however, my guess would be take the result of whichever
fields you set to hash on, probably XORing all these fields together,
and then evenly distribute that over 'x' number of buckets depending
on the platform.

Based on your results, I would assume that this is more than 8 buckets
on your 3750. If you really want to know, I would run this command for
the next 16 MAC address  pairs, and see if the initial parttern is
repeated.

Then, run the test of the 32 pairs again, with 3 interfaces in the
LAG, and double check whether the pattern repeats after 16 address
pairs. If it doesn't repeat, you may need to look at expanding this to
a lot more buckets.

-- Andrew