[c-nsp] xDSL LLU Provider - L2TP from BRAS to LNS & FreeRADIUS

Neil Morris nmorris at tibus.com
Tue Sep 15 20:34:15 EDT 2015

Hi Folks,

Looking some advice where possible.  Been going round in circles somewhat
with the provider.  When returning the initial RADIUS auth, tunnel ID &
tunnel IP attribs to the provider, the next step is for the tunnel to be
landed on my LNS for further user auth & reply with various attributes etc.?

Issue I am having is that despite returning the requested attribs to the
provider, I am not getting a tunnel on the LNS and hence no further auth
requests to my additional RADIUS servers for allocation of static IP & VRF
details.

I have referenced the various online articles etc.  and proven the setup
within a lab with own CPE/LAC/LNS and a single RADIUS server.

While I initially used just one RADIUS server, a lot of to & fro with the
providers support team pushed me towards  implementing x2 separate RADIUS
servers (one for the providers BRAS/LAC auth & one for my LNS auth) using
proxy & realm config, but this has made no differenceŠ

I did see a very similar port back in December from James BŠ
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/bba/182918#182918

Kind Regards,

Neil