[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 Router Related

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Sep 28 02:00:03 EDT 2015

On 28/Sep/15 04:56, Shoaib Farhan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into asr9001. We are using cisco
> 7200 NPE-G2.

Well, if you're not after a ton of 10Gbps ports, then consider Cisco's
new ASR1000 line:

    - ASR1006-X
    - ASR1009-X

You're almost guaranteed to have the same features working that you did
on the NPE-G2, and these newer chassis will last longer (although the
1st generation models would do just fine as well).

The ASR9001 is a great box, but coming from the NPE-G2, would suggest
you ensure all the features you had on the NPE-G2 are in IOS XR as well.

Mark.