[c-nsp] PE NAT / VRF Aware NAT on PE

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Sep 30 05:06:51 EDT 2015

On 29/09/2015 15:11, quinn snyder wrote:
> i'd take a long look at nv (read: not do it) as you really add a lot of
> control-plane overhead with not as much benefit -- especially as it
> pertains to any upgrades.

the advantage - as with switch stacking - is with administration.  You end
up with O(1) admin interfaces to lots of boxes instead of O(n).  This can
be important if there's too much overhead associated with maintaining
parallel installations of IOS and XR.

Personally, I'd be more concerned with the loss of path redundancy and loss
of service in the case of upgrades.

Nick