[c-nsp] Nexus 7710 BGP hold timer and ISSU

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 13:00:40 EDT 2016

The way ISSU works with routing protocols is by just not responding and
coming back online before dead time expires. The warning is saying that
ISSU isn't guaranteed to come back within the deadtime you've configured.
With a smaller deadtime ISSU may not have finished and BGP will timeout and
the peer with flap.

Also worth mentioning that since the time it takes to execute ISSU isn't
fixed, it's really a "this is a safe timer to use" recommendation, so maybe
it works, maybe it doesn't.