[c-nsp] 4500X in VSS - Upgrading IOS XE

Chris Burwell cburwell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 08:05:48 EDT 2016

A bit off topic, but...

I have also found this to be true on the 4500X platform with L3 interfaces
(no switchport). I found this odd since there are some cases where we
needed to connect two L3 ports to the same upstream provider switch.

Also worth mentioning is that the 4500X does not have a provision for
changing the MAC on individual L3 ports when running in VSS. 6500's do, but
this feature is not available on the 4500X.

As you mentioned, it's easy to get yourself into trouble by templating the
VSS config and reusing the same domain ID.

- Chris