[c-nsp] mpls and etherchannel

Artem Viklenko artem at viklenko.net
Wed Apr 20 14:19:14 EDT 2016

It depends on the gears at which you terminate these two links
and create port-channels. If you equipment can do load-balance
based on MLPS labels - good. If not, MPLS traffic possibly will
be bound to only one wire. Also it depends on what exactly your
mpls traffic will be in this point of the network - mpls labels
can be removed completely if you not use explicit null labeling.

On 20.04.16 19:51, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I have 2x 200mbps microwave links connecting switch 'a' to switch
> 'b'. I have a port-channel configured and I currently get an acceptable
> split of traffic based on source / destination address mac hash.
>
>      I am now looking to deploy mpls in this portion of the network and
> I am concerned that I will no longer get much of any traffic split since
> the mac address of the frames will largely be the mpls sender / receiver
> and not much of any diversity here. I have read that the solutions would
> be ecmp, but then I am worried about the possibility of packet
> re-ordering...? The links themselves are direct point to point and I
> don't anticipate that one would be any faster or slower than the other,
> I just don't know what to expect or if there is something else I would
> look at for this situation?
>
> Thanks.
> Mike-

Regards!