[c-nsp] mpls and etherchannel

George Giannousopoulos ggiannou at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:00:23 EDT 2016

Hi,

Assuming that these devices are just P routers in your MPLS network, load
balancing between these two will be based on the bottom label(VC label).

So the only way to see traffic load balancing, is to have several different
EoMPLS pseudowires with different bottom labels.. The fewer you have, the
less the chances to see load balancing across your links.

Alternatively, if your PE routers support FAT pseudowires(eg ASR9K), you
could activate it and then load balancing will take place based on the flow
label. Of course that assumes your traffic is able to be split into
different flows..

Another alternative MPLS TE, where you statically specify which path to use
for each pseudowire. I don't recommend it though.. Not worth the
administrative burden.

If your devices are operating as PE routers, normally you'll be able to
load balance across your links on the egress direction without problems,
since the decision for the egress interface happens before adding the MPLS
labels.

Hope that helps..

--
George