[c-nsp] IOS XR OSPF redistribute to eBGP

Ahmed Sharif ahmed.sharif at ericsson.com
Fri Apr 22 17:18:40 EDT 2016

Hi Experts,

I have a setup as below

Cisco ASR9k1(vrf OM_InBand_CE) ------------OSPF(loopback cable)-----------------(vrf OM_InBand_TME_PE ) ASR9K1 (vrf OM_InBand_TME_PE) -------------eBGP----------- ISP

For outbound:
I have one specific route x.x.x.x/23 learned by OSPF in vrf OM_InBand_TME_PE from vrf OM_InBand_CE.
I want to send this specific route under specific vrf (normal vrf unicast) to my eBGP peer and I am not able to do it.
Below are configurations for outbound traffic:

prefix-set to-tele
  x.x.x.x/23
end-set
!
route-policy to-telepeer
  if destination in to-tele then
    done
  endif
end-policy
!

router bgp 65201
bgp router-id x.x.x.x
address-family ipv4 unicast
!
address-family vpnv4 unicast
!
vrf OM_InBand_TME_PE
  rd auto
  address-family ipv4 unicast
  !
  neighbor y.y.y.y
   remote-as 65200
   address-family ipv4 unicast
    route-policy to-telepeer out
    soft-reconfiguration inbound always

And then check results using command "show bgp vrf OM_InBand_TME_PE neighbors y.y.y.y advertised-routes" and nothing is going to the neighbor.

For inbound:
Similarly for inbound traffic I have to accept a default route from my eBGP peer which is being accepted successfully by configurations below but I need specific acceptance of default route.
For inbound I have applied below policy which is accepting everything I believe. (neighbor is advertising one route to ASR9k1)

route-policy from-telepeer
  pass
end-policy

router bgp 65201
bgp router-id x.x.x.x
address-family ipv4 unicast
!
address-family vpnv4 unicast
!
vrf OM_InBand_TME_PE
  rd auto
  address-family ipv4 unicast
  !
  neighbor y.y.y.y
   remote-as 65200
   address-family ipv4 unicast
    route-policy from-telepeer
    soft-reconfiguration inbound always

Kindly assist with your expertise if possible and point out my mistake especially for outbound traffic where nothing is working.

Thanks and Regards,
Ahmed