[c-nsp] ASR 1001 throughput question

Gabriel jarod125 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:52:41 EDT 2016

> ASR 1001 and in base price it comes with 2.5G throughput and we have
> 10G link coming from ISP and our legit traffic is 1G around majority
> time we get DDoS attack around 4 to 5G so i want to use router ACL to
> filter traffic so it will drop all packet interface level but real
> question is does 2.5G throughput has any effect?  what is 2.5G
> throughput here and how it won't fit in my requirement?

Hi,

I remember asking Cisco this question a while ago and, if I'm not mistaken,
the license specifies the total amount of traffic allowed to pass through
the router. So, with a 2.5G license, the ASR is able to take 1.25G in (from
the ISP, for instance) and pass them to the out interface (to the internal
network).