[c-nsp] Cisco AS5300 config as a MODEM pool

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Fri Aug 5 09:00:57 EDT 2016

Matt,

>From an AS5396 decommissioned a while ago:

!
version 12.0
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime
service timestamps log datetime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname AS5396
!
boot system flash c5300-is-mz.120-26.bin
aaa new-model
aaa authentication ppp default local radius
aaa authorization network default radius
aaa accounting network default start-stop radius
!
modem recovery action none
ip subnet-zero
no ip finger
!
!
controller T1 0
 framing esf
 clock source line primary
 linecode b8zs
 cas-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb
!
controller T1 1
 framing esf
 clock source line secondary
 linecode b8zs
 cas-group 2 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb
!
controller T1 2
 framing esf
 clock source internal
 linecode b8zs
 cas-group 3 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb
!
controller T1 3
 framing esf
 clock source internal
 linecode b8zs
 cas-group 3 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb
!
!
interface Ethernet0
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 shutdown
 no cdp enable
!
interface FastEthernet0
 ip address x.x.x.x
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 duplex full
 no cdp enable
!
interface Group-Async1
 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0
 no ip unreachables
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer in-band
 dialer idle-timeout 172800
 dialer fast-idle 172800
 dialer-group 1
 async mode interactive
 peer default ip address pool default
 no cdp enable
 ppp max-bad-auth 3
 ppp authentication pap chap
 group-range 1 96
!
ip local pool default [start range] [end range]
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 y.y.y.y
!
ip radius source-interface FastEthernet0
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
no cdp run
radius-server host z.z.z.z auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server host w.w.w.w auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server key [password]
!
line con 0
 transport input none