[c-nsp] ASR 920 and Rosen multicast VPN?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Aug 11 14:31:19 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 13:39 +0000, michalis.bersimis at hq.cyta.gr wrote:
> We use the asr920 with the draft rosen implementation with success
> with 3.18S IOS Release. Please be aware that you need to change the
> SDM profile to video for this to work, but it changes the TCAM
> resources in favor of video, which reduces the IPv4 size in half

Thank you Michalis and Fredrik, this was just the info I needed. It
sounds like we can get this to work. :-)

We would love to start using NG-MVPN, Mark and others have presented
compelling arguments several times on this list. Is there by chance any
way of making these two work together? Could a device that supports
both Rosen and NG-MVPN function as a kind of gateway between the two?

And is there a transition path to NG-MVPN that does not require a fork-
lift reconfiguration? I tried searching "teh intarweb" but I suspect
I'm not using the correct search terms.

--
Peter