[c-nsp] L2PT over VPLS/VPWS between ME3600X and ASR920 (one for Warris?)

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:21:32 EDT 2016

Hi James,

> ASR920 is 03.16.01a.S

Don't use this image, it will bite you.
Upgrade to 03.16.02a or even better: 03.16.03a.

Really do this *before* losing any more time on this.

Which transport do you want, VPLS or VPWS? Doesn't make sense to troubleshoot both.
Also, exactly which l2protocol do you expect to forward? Other than per-vlan spanning-tree I'm don't know any protocols that dot1q tag.

I have successfully forwarded cdp, stp, vtp, lacp and udld between a ASR920 and ME3600 in a EPL ("encapsulation default") configuration, and rapid-pvst in a EVPL configuration (since the other protocols don't dot1q tag).

Lukas