[c-nsp] Which is the actual TCP MSS for this iBGP connection on ASR9K running IOS-XR?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:57:09 EDT 2016

On 19 August 2016 at 13:38, Everton Marques <everton.marques at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this iBGP session established between a Cisco ASR9K and a Cisco 7600
> router.
>
> On the ASR9K device, 'show tcp detail pcb all' displays 'MSS 1240, peer MSS
> 9152, min MSS 1240, max MSS 1240' for this specific iBGP connection.

What is the MTU on the egress interface on the 7600 towards the ASR9K,
and vice versa what is the egress interface MTU on the ASR9K facing
the 7600?

I assume you have a lower MTU on the ASR9K based on the above, they
should both agress on the lower MSS of the two device so the MSS here
should be 1240.

Cheers,
James.