[c-nsp] L2 VFI + Local VLAN w/ IP

Mark Mason MMason at jackhenry.com
Tue Aug 30 15:49:28 EDT 2016

I have ME-3600X-24FS-M terminating a SIP handoff on G0/20, all good there. I've established a gateway/Vlan3854 that will be the gateway for SIP router consumers sitting in other DC's across the backbone. I do NOT have a local consumer connected to this ME-3600X, thus my Vlan3854 will NOT become active.

Is the design wrong? Better way to do it? A hack approach to bringing up the Vlan other than sending it down a trunk port (operational nightmare - junior comes along and cleans up trunk allowed statements killing the service)? Burning an interface trying the keepalive hack resulted in failure.

interface Vlan3854
description SIP GW for 67.x.x.x/29 LAN
 mtu 9000
vrf forwarding SIP-1
ip address 67.x.x.x 255.255.255.248
xconnect vfi KCMO-SIP-1-VFI
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/20
description ETH1000-| SM FIBER | SIP
no switchport
vrf forwarding SIP-1
ip address 65.z.z.z 255.255.255.252

l2 vfi KCMO-SIP-1-VFI manual
 vpn id 3854
neighbor 10.x.x.x encapsulation mpls
xconnect vfi KCMO-SIP-1-VFI

BBHNS-KCMO-PE132#show int vlan3854
Vlan3854 is up, line protocol is down

PE# show vfi name KCMO-SIP-1-VFI
Legend: RT=Route-target, S=Split-horizon, Y=Yes, N=No

VFI name: KCMO-SIP-1-VFI, state: down, type: multipoint, signaling: LDP
  VPN ID: 3854
  Bridge-Domain 3854 attachment circuits:
    Vlan3854
  Neighbors connected via pseudowires:
  Peer Address     VC ID        S
  10.x.x.x    3854         Y

Mark Mason
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution