[c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:55:58 EST 2016

> Where the inner Destination MAC (i.e. after the two MPLS labels) starts with 4
> or 6, yes.
>
> The Nexus 92160 is being used as purely a L2 switch. It doesn't even support
> MPLS...

Then why for Christ's sake do they look at the Destination MAC two MPLS labels
deep.

The fix for this issue is to disable load-balancing based on MPLS payload and I doubt
you can't turn it off because of HW limitations.

Why would anyone expect load-balancing based on MPLS payload in a Layer 2
switch that doesn't support MPLS in the first place?

"Clever middleboxes", that one will always be a terrific idea ...

Lukas