[c-nsp] Incremental SFP (ISPF) - Provide any benefits "now"?

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:01:12 EST 2016

Hey Adam - Have a TAC case open atm on ASR920 rLFA FRR (Tunnels being created, when they shouldnt, and not used)...anyway, from this case, MPLS, OSPF + ASR920 Dev teams have been working on it, and they have stated that "ISPF conf under router ospf is not recommended anymore. The command will soon be deprecated." - Its not related to the tac case, its was just a recommendation from them....I asked why is it being deprecated, and the reason they gave is that was introduced to improve convergence on slower processors, processors are fast now, so it is no longer needed.....somewhat strange, but I pressed them for more info, and that is all that they have provided so far...