[c-nsp] leap sec adjust. may crash linux based platforms

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Dec 22 07:21:40 EST 2016

On 21 Dec 2016, at 23:45, Lukas Tribus wrote:

> Some Linux based platforms (IOS-XE, NX-OS) may crash on December 31st
> 23:59:59 due to the upcoming leap second adjustment.

'Following a comprehensive review by the Cisco leap second team, we are
pleased to offer the following information. Our experience of the 2008,
2012 and 2015 leap second introductions, combined with our recent
assessment of potential impacts for our current solutions, suggest that
the leap second introduction is unlikely to represent a material event
for Cisco products in our customers’ networks.'

Doesn't quite add up . . . ?