[c-nsp] PE "Sprawl" - P/Core Router suggestions.

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:16:40 EST 2016

It’s all VoQ based so it’s similar to other VoQ-based hardware, so there is no such thing as an “egress” drop.  There is an ingress traffic manager stage early in the pipeline that does most of the work.  On the fabric based systems there is a request/grant paradigm for fabric access.  At an early point in the pipeline it can do packet replication, which is where mirroring and netflow come into play.

Phil