[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - sweet...got one in the lab

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 2 11:04:28 EST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 03:53:25PM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> Gert Doering wrote:
> > And yes, I'm fully aware that using EIGRP has lots of drawbacks, like,
> > "vendor lock in"
>
> you mean "BU lock-in"?  Vendor lock-in is old and busted.

Is there a list of Cisco BUs and which product is messed up by whom?

I would have expected that most of the "it is fast and has XR" stuff
comes from the same BU (since every BU has to have their own OS anyway[*]),
but seemingly that was naive.

[*] now, one could argue that XR 6 qualifies for the "12.2SX vs. 12.2SR
bullshit award 2016"...  so it might well be a different BU, with different
features, and more inter-BU bullshit.

[**] BU-llshit???

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/