[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - sweet...got one in the lab

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 2 11:10:00 EST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 04:07:46PM +0000, Tom Marcoen wrote:
> What is is "12.2SX vs. 12.2SR bullshit" all about? I never really
> understood the myriad of letters in the version numbers. I only know
> about the first letter being an S, T, or M.

Please don't full-quote-and-top-post.

Besides that, you don't really want to know - but if you do, go back in
the list archives and search for rants by a certain Gert Doering about
the 6500 / 7600 split ("same hardware, different colour, different code
in the backplane EEprom, non-interchangeable software, with disjunct
feature set").

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de