[c-nsp] Cisco 7200 NPE-G2 Strange Problem

Shoaib Farhan farhan.shoaib at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:09:34 EST 2016

Hey Guys,

We have 3 Cisco 7200 NPE-G2 Routers with 3 built-in GigabitEthernet Ports.
One Interface (Gi0/3) is  in Trunk Mode with 300 Sub-interfaces. And Other
2 Ports are used as WAN ports.

Whenever we create New Subinterface or change the primary IP of a
sub-interface or Gi0/2 port became down the GigabitEthernet 0/1 Port
became  hang. Gi0/1 physically UP, line protocol is up, but no ping
response on that link, even OSPF was showing UP on that interface. After
shut/no shut the GI0/1 interface it works normally.

We have change the SFP module and checked the fiber link multiple times but
found no problem.

Here are some Technical Info that might help:

*IOS*

2 Router with c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T4.bin
1 has c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.M3.bin

*Memory*
2 has 2GB
1 has 1 GB

Show controller command output given in attachment.

If any other Information require please don't hesitate to ask.

--

Regards,

Md. Shoaib Farhan
<http://www.telnet.com.bd>