[c-nsp] Output drops on 2960

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 07:25:26 EST 2016

> Gert Doering
> Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:39 AM
>
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 11:10:48AM +0100, Antoine Monnier wrote:
> > thanks Nick for the feedback (and sorry for hijacking this thread)
> >
> > I am still quite frustrated with the number of issues with that line
> > of switch considering that it has been introduced 3 years ago now...
> > Is that the new norm? Or has it always been the norm and I was just lucky?
>
> Thinning out developer resources over maintenance of dozens of different
> and competing operating systems and hardware platforms is the new norm.
>
> Of course, "shipping stuff that should be called an early field test version as
> customer-ready" is also part of that new norm.
>
> gert
> --
I guess it's the nature of networking business nowadays.
The technology development spiral is much steeper than in the past and has a smaller radius as well bringing us ever so faster to the next evolution.
Consider the ME3600 for example -it was absolutely not ready for production deployment when released and when it finally got to stable 15.3(3)S3/4 it was essentially EOLed by the ASRs
And the similar is true for the LCs in modular boxes.
But a company can always chose -either you set your clocks a couple years back or you are riding the bleeding edge wave or you're somewhere in the middle.

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.