[c-nsp] Cisco ASR1002-X Licensing Question

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 04:08:52 EST 2016

On 15 February 2016 at 04:24, Troy Boutso <sensible115 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand I couldn't lodge cases to the TAC etc or get any support for
> anything operating within the confines of the RTU licensing but I am more
> intersted in this for LAB/Personal use to stress test equipment out of
> production.

If you want this for lab use, Cisco do "not for resale" pricing which
is what we use when purchasing lab gear. Their "not for resale"
program (which in our case since we are a SP not a hardware
distributer) means the kit is not used to generate revenue (it is not
deployed in our live network). NFR gives a hefty discount from list
price.

Cheers,
James.