[c-nsp] C3560X Layer 3 throughput

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 08:37:59 EST 2016

Oh a 3560 not 3650 ;)

Check every interface is running CEF.

sh ip interface | in IP route-cache

I had to debug ip packet detail on a 3750 recently, to see what was being sent to the CPU - I tracked it down to IP options being sent through the switch that were being punted to the CPU. You will see source and destinations.

I used this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/68461-high-cpu-utilization-cat3750.html

Now most people are afraid of running debug ip packet detail on a production device.  I am too.
However, this is not a software ISR router, only control plane traffic and punted packets "should" show up.

....provided you are definitely running fast switching / CEF