[c-nsp] Cisco pptp server

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:32:06 EST 2016

Hi,

I have a very strange problem (well at least to me).

I have a cisco 1921 which serves as PPTP server. On server I have two
different ISP's connections, ISP1 and ISP2. I have a default route to ISP1
and default route to ISP2 with tracking and higher metric. I have
configured local policy routing so I always send PPTP packets to the
correct ISP.

Now when I connect from client to PPTP server and in server address I enter
the ip address of interface where ISP1 is terminated everything works. But
when I connect from client to PPTP server and in server address I enter the
ip address of interface where ISP2 is terminated the session is established
but I can't do anything as I see only my outgoing traffic and no incoming
traffic via PPTP tunnel. The funny part is that, when I enter the static
route on PPTP server (the public ip address of  PPTP client) everything
works. Is this normal behaviour?

If anyone can shed a light on this I would be very grateful ;)