[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:54:38 EST 2016

On 26 February 2016 at 22:43, Phil Bedard <philxor at gmail.com> wrote:
> How you upgrade the whole OS is still a bit hazy though.  They have said it involves using a self-extracting ISO distribution similar to other Linux distros.  They are supporting PXE so theoretically you could automate the upgrades.

We are not upgrading between versions only appying SMUs and service
packs to the current version. In the case of moving from 4.3.4 to
5.1.3 and now moving to 5.3.3 (since that is the new extended
maintenance release); the process is erase the box, and install from
fresh, then upload the full config.

If you suitable OOB connectivity this can happen remotely and be
automated. I don't like the idea of having patched code that is then
upgraded and patched further.

Cheers,
James.