[c-nsp] ME3600X 15.2S memory leak

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Feb 27 01:12:37 EST 2016

On 26/Feb/16 18:49, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> So it's not the problem with forwarding like in the case of LFA backup via SVI but rather an ISIS issue?

No LFA issues. We disabled LFA on all our ME3600X's. Sadly, as the
ASR920 is what we're rolling out now, we won't enable it there either
because it's an ME3600X/ASR920 mixed network, and will be that way for a
while.

So the interfaces remain up when the box stops forwarding traffic, but
no routing happens. I cannot even ping a directly-connected neighbor.

> Any log messages stating what's going on -or what about neighbours -any ISIS PDUs ?

Nothing of interest in the logs.

2nd time this has happened. We captured what we could before rebooting
the device, but nothing stood out. Cisco have sent a bunch of internal
commands to run if this happens again, but we're changing the box to an
ASR920 anyway, so...

Mark.