[c-nsp] ME3600X 15.2S memory leak

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Feb 27 01:21:01 EST 2016

On 26/Feb/16 20:42, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> Upgrade to at least 15.3(3)S2. There are major issues with IPv6 and egress ACLs that cause this.

Funny you should mention that, Jason.

There is some IPv6 strangeness that I can't quite put my finger on when
this happens, and we are re-routing across the ring. The last time I saw
something like with egress IPv6 ACL's was when the ME3600X started
shipping - 12.2EY days.

At any rate, I was considering upgrading the unit to 15.5(3)S2 and
monitor it for a couple of days.

The box is running IPv6 and VPNv6. One customer is setup for IPv6, but
that BGP session is down.

IPv6 ACL's exit only on the core-facing interfaces.

Do you have details on this issue you can share?

Mark.