[c-nsp] Cisco IOS-XE 3S platforms Series Root Shell License Bypass Vulnerability

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 13:12:28 EST 2016

----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
Robert Hass

>I'm looking for exploitation of issue 'Cisco IOS-XE 3S platforms Series
Root Shell License Bypass Vulnerability' (CSCuv93130). I would like to check
if it's really working on my Ciscos >running IOS XE. Anyone have recipe how
to do it ?

>Rob

I tried playing with this a month ago.  There doesn't appear to be a way to
do it without the shell access license that only TAC can get you.  It's not
one of those licenses that you can RTU to activate, at least I had no luck.

Chuck