[c-nsp] PBA best practices

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Feb 29 15:29:06 EST 2016

Are you talking about cgnat ?  if so, Why do you only see blocks 512 and 1024 ?  I see 8 - 4096....

Where do you see these settings ?  I see bulk-port-alloc but I don't see anything about max-blocks-per-user, active-block-timeout, overall mapping-timeout, address sharing ratio ??

Mon Feb 29 14:25:16.812 CST
Building configuration...
!! IOS XR Configuration 5.3.1
service cgn cgn1
 service-location preferred-active 0/3/CPU0
 service-type nat44 nat1
  portlimit 5000
  alg ActiveFTP
  inside-vrf six
  !
 !
!
end

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-cgn-invrf)#bulk-port-alloc ?
  size  Bulk size for allocation.
        Should be greater or equal to one fourth of the port limit
         and less than twice the port limit.
        For optimum results, should be close to half the port limit
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-cgn-invrf)#bulk-port-alloc size ?
  none  No bulk allocation
  8     Allocate 8 ports in bulk
  16    Allocate 16 ports in bulk
  32    Allocate 32 ports in bulk