[c-nsp] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Equipment for a large-ish LAN event

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Sat Jan 2 13:07:28 EST 2016

Hi,
> This year, we are looking into some equipment that slightly out of our
> usual expertise. Usually, we target high-density stackable switches
> like a 3650/3750/3850 with 48 GigE and 4 SFP for our 10G core. We
> design our network around small "islands" of players all linked with
> each other through a 2x10G fiber network. Everyone is assigned a
> public address and we route everyone out through our core switch.
Sorry, can't really supply you with a turn-key solution, especially as I
feel I don't have all the information involved to make an educated guess
on a decent setup, but maybe you could get in contact with the CCC crew
in Germany (http//ccc.de), they organize rather large events multiple
times a year, with several thousand users, so they may be able to give
you a few hints as to possible pitfalls ...

-garry