[c-nsp] How many maximum routes does Cisco 2900 router support?

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Fri Jan 8 09:23:52 EST 2016

Our 2921 with a full routing table, 2GB RAM, and around 60M aggregate
throughput hovers around 40-50% CPU utilization, with occasional higher
spikes. When we were pushing >100M aggregate through it, the CPU was
regularly spiking to near 100%.

We have another one with multiple BGP sessions, 512MB RAM, but only a few
actual routes. However, we are also running QoS policies on it, including
NBAR. When aggregate throughput gets up near 100M, CPU tends to spike above
90%.

Adam