[c-nsp] Configure port to supply PoE only

Marc Redeker marc.redeker at keronet.de
Fri Jan 15 09:27:27 EST 2016

Hi,

you could simply use the “protected port” feature.
Devices connected to a Protected port are not able to talk to each other, even if they are within the same vlan.

conf t
int gi 0/1
switchport mode access
switchport acess vlan x
switchport protected
spanning-tree portfast

The protected port feature only works local on a switch while private vlans could span over multiple switches.

much easier then configure private vlans and should work for your use case just fine.

cheers
marc