[c-nsp] ASR9k BRIDGE-MIB / Monitoring visibility of MAC

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Fri Jan 22 06:34:50 EST 2016

Hi,
i am monitoring MAC visibility on the line of catalyst switches
e.g. 4500X, 2960S and the like.

Although the Cisco pages say the BRIDGE MIB is supported on the ASR9k (Running
5.3.1)

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asr9000/asr9000-supportlist.html#_IOS_XR_5.3.X

I am trying to do so on the AS9k but fail to do so. I get the typicall
no such Object.

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBridge = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Trying to walk dot1dBridge aka .1.3.6.1.2.1.17 for the moment.

Tried all kinds of of community suffixing with

	@<number> or
	@<bridge-domain-name> or @<bridge-name> or
	@<bridge-domain-name>@<bridge-name>

no luck so far.

I see the bridge in the cvplsGenericMIB although just some basic config
stuff - no operational data.

Flo
      We need to self-defend - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!