[c-nsp] C6708-10GE-3CXL Local Switching

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Sun Jan 31 12:04:19 EST 2016

Short answer is yes and full duplex, functionally but you never want to
hit that mark IMO
This document will help with most 6500 architecture questions:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/prod_white_paper0900aecd80673385.html

Only the ports connected to the same asic can send traffic between each
other without using the fabric (i've tested this)
that's where they get the 64gbps local switching (port pairs have 16g
each, 2 port pairs on each fpga, 4 one each asic, 16g from each fpga to
fabric asic so 32gbps per 'side', so 64 total even though only 40g to
backplane fabric)