[c-nsp] SUP720's memory, looking at options..

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:44:08 EDT 2016

Honestly with the aging hardware for the 6500s and 7600s I would go with an
ASR1004/6.  The only thing you won't have is port density like on a 6500.
Obviously a 6500 is a switch and a 1004/6 is a router.  If you need the
port density you can go with the ASR1006-X which has EPAs (Less room for
SIPs).  An ASR1006 has the availability of 1+1 RP and 1+1 ESP which means
it is more expensive than a 1004.  If you want a guideline a fully loaded
1006 with 3 SIP10s, 2 ESP20s, 2 RP2s, a couple of 8 Port 1G SPAs, some 1
Port 10G SPAs and a few 4 Port Channelized DS3 cards will run you around
60k-70k.