[c-nsp] SUP720's memory, looking at options..

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:49:07 EDT 2016

So we know about the memory constraint on the 3BXLs but what happens if the
memory usage actually hits 90%?  Will the SUP still allow VTY sessions?   I
know on the NPEs for the 7200s once 90% is reached the router will
rejecting all VTY attempts.
On Jul 6, 2016 3:21 AM, "Gert Doering" <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:26:39PM +0000, Mack McBride wrote:
> For an IX, you might be better off with something like a white box switch
running custom code.

Well, I'm not the IX operator, I'm just a participant - and it's
tremendously
helpful to know for sure *who* is sending you that extra 10G traffic that
is filling your link with spoofed-source traffic -> read: some sort of MAC
referencing (MAC acct or netflow-with-MAC) is needed.

People have suggested using passive fiber TAPs and offload MAC acct to
a PC, but that's totally non-scalable when you go to multi-10G
connections...

(Other vendors do not particularily excel in this space either)

gert
                                                           //
www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany