[c-nsp] SUP720's memory, looking at options..

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 18:44:54 EDT 2016

I agree with Mack.   The XR MPLS support is more friendly and there are
tons of options.   They do have 40 port 1G MPAs and 8 PORT 10G MPAs but
they are still quite expensive from what I've seen.   You would also need
at minimum a MOD-80 or really a MOD-160 for that kind density on a 9k.
They do have 20 port MPAs and combo cards which is still pretty substantial
for a pure router.   In my opinion a true router will handle MPLS better
than a MLS.