[c-nsp] ASR 9000 Upgrade Expectations

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:26:39 EDT 2016

I'd go 5.3.3 with SP2 if you want stability, or wait for 6.1 to drop
if you want to be on the forefront (and lab test heavily of course).

I'd also schedule like 5 hours for the maintenance window, not 2 or 3.
If you get 90% of the way through an have to roll back, you'll need
more time. We are doing it in pretty much bang on 2 hours every time
(assuming no issues), if you have to roll back (what may involve
erasing the box and reinstalling the previous version from scratch)
that will take you another 2 hours. Add some checks and stabiliy time
either side, it's a 5 to 6 hour window (although assuming there are no
problems, 2 hours actual time).

Cheers,
James.