[c-nsp] BGP blackhole community config

Tim Densmore tdensmore at tarpit.cybermesa.com
Mon Jun 20 16:16:33 EDT 2016

On 6/20/2016 11:38 AM, Satish Patel wrote:
> I have tried that too and got this error.
>
> R1(config-router)#neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx route-map RTBH out
> % "RTBH" used as BGP outbound route-map, tag match not supported
> % not supported match will behave as route-map with no match
> R1(config-router)#

Hi Satish,

Sorry for the unicast - I wasn't paying attention to what I clicked to
reply.

Is there a reason that you have to match a tag?  If you're trying to set
up something automated, you'll probably need to get more comfortable
with BGP first.  If you just want to be able to have your upstream peer
drop traffic to a single /32 of yours on occasion (DDOS filling your
pipe, for example) you might be better off starting with a static access
list or prefix list to identify the IP you want to advertise.

TD