[c-nsp] WS-X6748-SFP support

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Tue Jun 21 17:28:16 EDT 2016

Hi,

Quick question...

Will a X6748-SFP work on the normal 6506 (not -E) with a SUP720 or
similar?  I'm not too interested in L3 features, it will mostly be L2
operations on the units.  If there will be L3, it will mostly be OSPF
distributing connected routes and receiving only a default, so not a lot
going on with routing at all - so no need for bigger 720 really, unless 2T
or similar is required for the line cards to work.

On the 6513 it's only supported in slots 9-13 (from what I've read
anyways), but I'm unsure if similar restrictions applies to smaller
chassis.  If I can use the X6748-SFP on slots 1-6 on the 6513 I would
appreciate it if someone can chip in - it will make my life a lot easier.

Let's forget about the daughter card complexities and/or any possible
contention for now...

Thnx,
Chris.